Saturday, January 27, 2007

Things I DON'T miss about living with the Mother-In-Law (part 3)

(cont.)

6) Hearing the running tally on how many loads of laundry I do in a week.
"Another one? That's four loads this week! You know you can wear your clothes more than once before you wash them!"

7) Being quizzed about how many items of clothing my family owns.
"That's a lot of laundry! How many pairs of underwear do you HAVE?!"

8) Answering other laundry-related pop-quizzes.
"When *I* went to college, I only had two dresses. That was it! What would you do if you only had two dresses?"
~She did stop asking this question when I finally answered, "I guess I'd be naked on laundry day."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit you have the prize for m-i-l stories...but has she ever backed into your car? In her own driveway? My m-i-l recently did this...she said she didn't see it. Umm, I drive a big ol' huge Chevy Suburban.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Our household laundry requirements are 2 loads a day minimum...boys are so messy.