Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Meme

Richmond got me on this one. And so did my own boss, oddly enough.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper, more fun to guess what's inside the package

2. Real tree or artificial? Fake, it's way too easy and I'm way too lazy

3. When do you put up the tree? about a week after Thanksgiving, or when we have some gifts to put under it.

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog? No, and it sounds so yummy, too!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a playset of the Sunshine Family one year. Along with the Mom, Dad, and baby, I got their camper van. With the set was a giant booklet of crafts to make out of recycled stuff around the house. I played with that family for months!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It's made of wax. I think it's hideous, but it was a gift. Darnit.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Mom and Dad. They already have everything.

9. Easiest person to buy for? the kids. They always want everything.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail -- PLEASE

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Torn and stained college sweatshirt for a college I never attended.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Any claymation, and Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving, or just before if there's a really good sale on something I plan to give

(Note: originally, I misread this question. I'll answer the question I thought I read, and then the question that was actually there.)
14. Have you ever recycled Christmas paper? ALWAYS! Do NOT tear the paper!
14b. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Ever? Yes, but I don't do it as a regular practice. And when I *do* re-gift, I usually tell the new recipient that it was originally from someone else.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything, but there better be cookies somewhere

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Either, as long as all the lights are the same color.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, performed by anyone

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, we tried to make Santa come to someone else's house once and it was really awkward

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? If I'm allowed to sing while I name them.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Unhappy store clerks.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? When I was single, I had an evergreen houseplant that I tried to decorate one year. Like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, it bent all the way over with just one ornament on it. So, I bought a bag of gold jingle bells, attached gold curly ribbons to the bells, and hung those on the plant. It was really cute. I'd like to do something like that again someday.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? See answer to number 15

No comments: