Friday, November 10, 2006

In Search of... Pants

Tomorrow.
BIG plans.

To buy my Younger Son some pants.

But not just any pants.

We need pants that he will wear.

His closet and dressers are stuffed with pants that he refuses to wear due to various reasons.
Like:
They "feel" funny.
The buttons are hard to operate.
They feel "funny".

Mostly, they feel funny.

And after years of insisting that he doesn't like jeans, this year he looked at me and demanded to know where all his jeans have gone!
(Answer: you outgrew them three years ago, goofball!)

So.

Tomorrow, he and I will go out and hit every box department store I can drive to, and he will try on every pair of pants available until he finds something he approves of.
(As long as it's reasonably priced, of course.)

And then I'll buy a pile of those.

Yet.

As unfun as that sounds for a sunny Saturday, I am very much looking forward to it.
Because Younger Son and I don't seem to get much time alone to just hang out and enjoy each other's company uninterrupted.
He really likes the attention. And that's when his funny, silly side comes out.

So.
Tomorrow.
BIG plans.

4 comments:

Richmond said...

Old Navy has a nice selection... Good luck!

loria said...

oh just wait until he gets older. My daughter is "picky" about her clothes. She has to have stuff that is "in style". I can say that some of that has rubbed off on me.
Most boys aren't really picky until they hit their teens. At least my son wasn't. Then it was "name brand" for him and the mall clothes. He now is 21 and wears only American Eagle,thank god he's buying his ouw clothes. Have you seen their prices???
Good luck!!!

Lemon Stand said...

Sounds like a great Goof Off Day to me! Hope you both have fun!

Mrs_Who said...

Enjoy the time with your son...you won't remember the price of the pants 10 years from now, but you will remember the time spent with him...and, more importantly, so will he!